Construction and Development
Businesses in the construction and development industry confront diverse kinds of risks. Critical issues confronting such businesses range from small-scale problems to large industry-wide issues, which not only threaten the individual business but the whole construction and development sector as well.
With that, these companies need an expert who is experienced when it comes to the needs of businesses within the construction industry in terms of insurance coverage and risk management. At HGIS we not only provide adequate and appropriate insurance solutions but also offer a host of other activities that will help prevent or mitigate losses.
With our risk-management services, we can assist companies in the construction and development industry in addressing risks, and liability issues relative to their business and its operations. Here are some of the services we offer specifically for this industry:
- Construction Risk Management. We promote the review and consultation of subcontractor certificates and endorsements in order to identify critical factors and issues. Specifically;
- We promote the review and consultation of subcontractor certificate and endorsement in order to identify critical factors and issues.
- We utilize a holistic approach on contract review; thus, we do not limit participation among business owners only but also include the subcontractors and general contractors during discussions.
- We implement rigid staff training on contract compliance, which results in participants becoming well versed when it comes to execution of contracts and; thus, they are able to help prepare and protect the construction firm from risks and liabilities.
- Consultation for site safety planning
- Checking and consultation of subcontractor Experience Modification Rate or EMR
- Monitoring of OCIP claims, which may be included in the Experience Modification Rating factor (EMR) which recently has become an important determining factor in any contractor’s eligibility to be chosen for private and government contracts.
- Worker’s Compensation Claims Services. We assist companies with overseeing monthly and quarterly reviews of claims, reviewing first aid guidelines, setting up of medical clinics, modifying of duty and early return to work programs; post termination advices, and determining as well as managing fraudulent claims.
- Property and Casualty Claims Services. In this area of claims management, our team of experts will review complex litigation claims; help companies resort to Armstrong Election to sort out continuous occurrence of claims, implement monitoring and intervention for claims on construction defects, and help promote OCIP/CCIP claims advocacy.
- Designing of alternative insurance options wherewith companies can choose rental captives or plain captives, self insurance, self-insured groups, spread of loss plans, and high-deductible programs.
- Human Resource Consultation in which we recommend different kinds of training to equip employees on different risk aversion techniques to protect the company from damaging liability claims.
- Employee benefits consultation starting from planning all the way towards formulation, implementation, management, and monitoring of such benefits.