At High Ground Insurance Services / United Agencies, we are concerned with risks and other critical issues concerning companies in the retail and wholesale business. Some of the common problems confronting business in this industry include inventory price and quantity fluctuations, fire and warehouse hazards, employee and worker’s negligence, product defects, among others. The potential financial loss as an effect of these risks and critical factors cannot be disregarded and if your business is not protected, you might end up losing your business altogether.
It is for this reason that businesses in the retail and wholesale industry must be covered with appropriate and adequate insurance coverage to compensate whatever losses your business may possibly be exposed with at some future point in time. Adequate insurance coverage means that every angle of your business is protected from Manpower to materials and from assets to liabilities. Appropriate insurance coverage deals not only with finding out how much insurance should be covered but also include assessments of risks, designing and implementing resolution for critical issues, including management plans and programs, contract review, insurance audit consultation, among others.
With our expertise in insurance coverage, any retail and wholesale business can avail of the following services we offer to fully protect your business and at the same time prepare for any eventualities that will help companies avoid acquiring losses. Services include:
- Risk Evaluation. Your company will benefit from identified risk exposures, analysed risk aversion of contract and lease, assessment on management of human capital, property valuation consulting, protecting revenue, as well as safety and loss prevention review.
- Solving Issues on Claims Management. We take pride in protecting companies from different claims issues by providing monthly claims oversight, keeping track of quarterly claims reviews, complying with MPN standards and requirements, generating UNIT STAT Reports, improving claim systems through the implementation of modified duty and adjustment on return to work programs, and developing tools to combat fraudulent claim transactions.
- Insurance Program Analysis. All companies should have adequate and appropriate insurance coverage. We can help you achieve this by reviewing existing physical assets and revenue centers, human capital exposures, and existing policies.
- HR Consulting. The Human-Resource Department is the first line of defense for any potential employment-related liability case. Thus, we help by equipping your HR department with the right skills on dealing with any public liability claims. In addition, part of the coverage is an information campaign where employees are fully informed of their employment accountabilities and responsibilities.
- Employee Benefits. Since the retail and wholesale business is human capital intensive, there are corresponding perks and benefits that should be provided. We help develop medical programs, life products, and other types of compensation programs for employees.
- Safety and Loss Prevention. Companies need to ensure that all employees are fully covered and that third party visitors, direct customers, partners and everyone they conduct business with are protected. We can assist in safety and loss prevention through the following:
- Implement safety management programs that are OSHA compliant
- Comprehensive safety and hazard inspections
- Implementation of personalized and site-specific program policies
- Review and implement first aid guidelines
- Formulate emergency shut-down and start-up procedures
- Establish primary medical clinic partnerships
- Evaluate return to work systems and procedures on accident reporting and investigation
- Recommend steps to decrease frequency and severity of claims